We came back from Disney 2 weeks ago today and it has taken me this long to decide what it was about Disneyland Paris that I wanted to blog about. I wanted to write something but after spending an hour typing up a blow by blow account/review I didn't want to publish it, it didn't seem right as the whole 4 days were so magical and I wanted to keep some things just for us.
So I decided on some top tips. Now they are top tips from our holiday and I would expect (and hope) a few of them won't actually happen to you but you never know.
So here goes, my top 10 tips on visiting Disneyland Paris:
1. Don't use your first night away as the first night that your child will sleep in a bed - you will be tired the next day, guaranteed, and you will have to wake that said child up for the early morning start.
|6am on the day of travel after finally falling asleep at 10pm the previous night|
2. There will be so much to photograph and so many moments to capture but put the camera down and soak up the atmosphere. Experience it with your children and don't let the camera overtake you making memories for yourself.
3. Don't utter the words 'he hasn't had a poo today' before bath time on your first night because he will then poo on the bath - another guarantee.
4. Watch the parade every night you are there. Yes it's the same but both you and the kids will get something different from each one. My husband may disagree with me but who cares what he thinks lol!
5. Have at least one hot chocolate because they are out of this world amazing.
6. Don't take your 4 year old on the Big Thunder Mountain ride, he won't like it and he will ask awkward questions like 'are we going to die?'. (We did after realise this was under big thrills so maybe wasn't the best ride for Finley)
|Finley and my husband are the ones at the front|
7. Take a pushchair. Because whether or not you actually use it for its main purpose it will be invaluable for bags, snacks, coats and generally anything else that you can't be bothered to carry.
8. Have breakfast with Mickey Mouse and his Friends. It's a must!!
9. Don't worry about what calories you eat as you will walk about 20k a day.
10. Buy & wear the Mickey Mouse ears, your never too old.