This week has been an amazing one as we got some amazing news at the start of the week about something that has been playing on my mind for a while, I will explain in the happy list. We have had a mix of weather this week so we have been making the most of it and when the sun shines we are getting out there and enjoying it while we can, because with the British summer you just don't know when the next bout of sun will come.
1. Finley got his first choice school place. All those who read my blog will know that we had some disappointment with the school place with Finley being offered his second choice school because of our house move, but on Monday I got THAT call. The school called me and said a place had come up and it was going to be offered to Finley, I obviously said yes and took the place! We are so excited for him to start school and so very happy that it has all worked out.
2. A family day out. On Saturday after Mr C finished work we headed to a local park & lake with a picnic as the weather was so nice. We have never been here before so we weren't sure what to expect but it was brilliant. The park was amazing and the lake walk wasn't too long for the boys with their little legs, and the sun shone for us which was brilliant.
3. Birthday Meal. It was Mr C's birthday last week so on Saturday we headed out with our friends for a meal at a local restaurant, the food and company was fantastic and we all had a brilliant time. We then indulged in the cake when we got home which was pretty scrummy!
4. A day with the in-laws. On Sunday Mr C's parents came over and I cooked a roast. It really wasn't the weather for a roast but we had such a lovely day pottering around the house and popping to the park.
5. A 7 mile run. On Sunday morning I joined the local running club for a run and it was brilliant, it was great to have the company on a long run and the support to get through it, we have an 8 miler this Sunday!
6. A day with my Nan. I am very lucky to have my Nan live so near and for us to be so close. On Thursday we headed over there and went to a local park for the day, with a picnic and the sun shining it was a great day. The boys had so much fun and it was lovely to get out somewhere new.
7. With my boy. With Noah being a preschool on Friday, Finley and I went out with our friends to a local National Trust sight. The sun was shining and there was a park and icecream, what more could two 4 year olds want?!
8. Watching Finley grow. This week Finley really suprised me with picking up his chalk and writing 1-10 with no help at all. He has come on leaps and bounds at his new preschool and they have said how much he is loving his numbers - proud mummy moment.