This week got off to an amazing start with Finley getting a big milestone in a little ones life, check out below, and then the rest of the week has been brilliant but it has flown by. I can't believe its the weekend again already, that's not a bad thing.
- Finley rode his bike without stablisers for the first time. On Saturday we took Finley up to a common near my Nan's house where we knew it would be perfect to start him on his no stabilisers journey. He was so excited and he thought he was going to just get riding which I was a little worried about, but he did! We took off the stabilisers and my husband ran along holding him and let go, and he just carried on! I couldn't believe it and it filled my heart with so much mummy love and I was so proud. And to see him face light up every time he was riding and when he stopped was lovely, brilliant start!
- A 8 mile run. On Sunday I completed an 8 mile run with my running group and it was great! Running with a group on such a long run was really motivational and I loved it.
- Family BBQ. Mr C's brother invited us over on Sunday evening for a BBQ and it was lovely to see the boys play with their little cousin. We loved having a catch up with food and wine with Mr C's brother and our sister-in-law.
- Family. On Saturday I spent the day with my Mum, Nan, Brother and the boys and it was really lovely. I am so lucky that they are my best friends as well as my family.
- The boys had the dentist. The boys visited the dentist on Tuesday and they were amazing, they both sat in the chair (Noah on me) and opened they mouth ready for their teeth to be counted.
- Finley's new bed. It was another big step for Finley when his new single mid sleeper bed arrived, he has been loving it and having so much fun in the den underneath.
- CrossFit. I went to my first CrossFit class on Thursday evening and loved it, it was so hard and I felt the effects on Friday but it was brilliant. I am really enjoying pushing my fitness at the moment and seeing how much my body can actually do.
- A day out at Cattle Country. We had a brilliant day out on Thursday and you can read about it here.
- Park and Picnic. The sun was still shining, a little bit, on Tuesday so we headed to the bakery and got some food for a picnic in the park. It was great to get out the house on what would have normally have been our cleaning at home day.
OK, is it normal that I am jealous of your run!! I have had to drop out of my 10k I had planned as I'm having lots of pain with my C Section scar - talk about gutted! Looks like a lovely week - I remember riding my bike for the first time without stabilisers!! Such a big thing when you're a kid :-) xx #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
Ah Finley! How amazing! Big bed and biking. What an achievement! You are doing fab too with the exercise. Ah missing going mad and pushing myself. Lovely family shots too. Thanks for hosting xxReplyDelete
Sounds like you've had a lovely time recently! And it sounds very much like a gratitude diary (I tried to start one recently and kind of failed a little bit as my mind kept making sarcastic comments!). Am jealous about how much exercise you manage to fit in - how do you do it? #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
Such a great happy list. The big bed and biking all in one week, bless him..what a lovely moment, enjoy every minute of it. thanks for sharing and they look so small the dentist chair :) #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
Definitely a happy week for you and a pretty busy one too! I was the same when Reimer started going on bike without stabilizer on, I felt so proud of him. And BBQ, why not especially when the sun is out, best thing to do is take advantage of it, isn't it? Lovely photos! #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
It's great to see them getting all excited when they lose the stabilisers.ReplyDelete
Buddy had a bed like that and loved it. Couldn't wait to go to bed.
Sounds like you had a great week.
Thanks for hosting #justanotherlinky
Sounds like a jam packed week! Congratulations to Finley on mastering his bike! It's such a huge milestone and you must be so proud xxReplyDelete
It looks and sounds like you have had a lovely week. I'm envious of your eight mile run, I have just gone back to running since having my youngest. Building my fitness back up is proving somewhat of a challenge!ReplyDelete
Wow- 8miles?! I'm impressed! Obviously Finley had stolen your thunder completely by mastering cycling without stabilisers- I still remember welling up when Spud managed it! Definitely a Mummy moment 😊 X #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
congrats both to Finley on his riding and to you on your run. Both impressive accomplishments #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
Not so sure about the dentist!ReplyDelete
Oh wow that bed is amazing. I have too little boys that would be really jealous :) Congrats on your run and well done to Finley for riding his bike :) #justanotherlinkyReplyDelete
Well done to Finley thats a good achievement. Both my kids were quite old when they learnt theirs 6 and 5!ReplyDelete
Hi Kirsty, congratulations to Finley for riding his bike without stabilisers, that's a big step and I love his bed. I want a den like that under ours!ReplyDelete
There isn't a running group on the island like you find in the UK or on the mainland, luckily I'm happy on my own (until I meet a dog!), eight miles is a good distance, bet you were buzzing afterwards.
You've certainly had what sounds like a happy week.
Sounds like a very happy week, well done Finley! We still trying to get Alfie to ride his! Hope you have a great weekReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting! #justanotherlinky