This week has been a bit of a strange one as my best friend has been on her holidays so I have felt like a little lost lamb lol! But this has meant that my house is incredibly tidy and we have had some chilled out days. I am not great at being by myself for too long so while Mr C is at work I am so used to having her up the road or at the end of the phone to chat about random stuff, and to snapchat!!
Our week has still been lovely and I have even managed to start my tan off for the summer!
1. Courgetti spaghetti. This may seem like a random one to start off on but I have been meaning to try it for ages and to get Mr C to try it too, and we did last weekend. It was yummy! I made it into a carbonara which went down a treat so will definitely be appearing on the menu again soon.
2. Water fights. With the weather being so warm there was only one thing for it and it was to get the warm guns out. We were sent a Nurf one (review coming soon) so I got Noah a little one as I knew there would be fights over just the one. They had a ball and loved it, the best way to cool down! They even got all the adults wet too which I didn't complain about while going lobster red in the sun! We even got the paddling pool out before the rain hit, fingers crossed we can have more fun in it soon.
3. A wedding reception. Mr C and I got to dress up a bit for a wedding reception on Sunday evening. The weather was glorious and we had a lovely time.
4. Mummy and Noah time. We have managed to have quite a bit of us time this week which has been lovely. We have taken a few strolls to the park, and I mean strolls as he walks at a snails pace and been to see the swans and their signets (I didn't get a picture as one started to walk towards me and I freaked!)
5. Time with my Nan. This has got to be one of the best things about our house move, being so close to my Nan. She is now a 15 minute drive down the road and on Thursday after dropping Mr C at the train station we went and spent the afternoon with her. We had a very hot and sticky walk/cycle along the common near her house and the boys picniced in her garden for tea.
6. CrossFit and running. I am loving exercise at the minute, I have caught the bug and I love it. I have been out running most days this week and I even got to a CrossFit session thanks to my Nan watching the boys for me. I am feeling so much better about myself having exercised and knowing my chocolate in the evening has been earnt.
7. A girly night. On Saturday night I headed over to a friend were she fancied my toes up for me (she's an amazing nail technician) and we drank cider while catching up and making plans for future months.