I really enjoyed doing last weeks list of what made me happy so I thought I would continue with it. This week has been a lot better health wise for us with us all not being so sick. We still have a cloud of illness hanging over us but it hasn't stopped us from doing our day to day activities. This may sound so corny but the boys do bring joy to my every day, even if it is with just the tiniest of things, my days are better with them in it.
1. Bowling just us 4. We have inadvertently started a little family 'thing' of doing something just the four of us on a Sunday and it is lovely. We have been bowling a few times now and it is a huge hit with the boys. After being home for a solid 5 days, on Sunday we decided to get out and we went bowling. And it was so much fun! We even traded in our tokens that we have saved up the last couple of trips and the boys got some Peppa Pig recorders (we must be mad!).
2. A play date for Noah and his best friend. While Finley was at preschool on Wednesday my best friend and I went to a playgroup and then headed back to hers for lunch. The kids played lovely together and we actually had time to sit and catch up properly. Obviously with tea and cake too.
3. A day with my Nan. Thursday's are the only day of the week that both boys aren't at preschool so this week we headed over to see my Nan. The boys absolutely adore her, just like I do, and it is so lovely to see her. We didn't do all that much apart from have lunch at her house and then pop to the park just around the road.
4. Noah climbed across the rope bridge. While at the park by my Nan's house Noah faced a little fear he had. There is a rope bridge which he is always looking at and just not confident enough to cross, but Thursday he did it which the help from Finley at the end of the bridge encouraging him. It was so lovely to see his smile and sense of achievement once he had done it.
5. Finley and his numbers. He has always been great with counting but up until now the only numbers he has recognised are up to 10. That is until we were on our way to preschool and he started saying the numbers on the doors. They weren't all correct and there was the odd number getting put the wrong way round but he was suddenly recognising bigger numbers and trying. And I put this all down to his preschool because since he started there is September he has come on leaps and bounds.
6. Lunch with my Sister-in-law and Nephew. On Monday after another playgroup that we go to we went back with my sister-in-law's house to have lunch and for Noah and his cousin to play. It is so wonderful to see their relationship blossom and best friends in the making.